Welcome to the Outer Banks, NC
The Outer Banks are a long string of narrow barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina and a small portion of Virginia that cover most of the North Carolina coastline.
Due to the unique nature of these islands it provides a rich environment for yoga and meditative practices. We are removed from the hustle and bustle of cities, the skies are open and clear, and there are several State and Nationally protected Nature preserves spread along the islands.
The Outer Banks is also a place of innovation and exploration. The island’s strong winds made Kill Devil Hills the site of the Wright brothers’ First Flight. Just across the sound is Roanoke Island, location of the first colony of English settlers who vanished mysteriously in 1587.
I have enclosed information for any visiting yogis and yoginis below. Come join us for one of our workshops or create your own personalized yoga retreat.
Both of these airports are more than an hour drive from the beach. There is no public transportation on the island.
Beach Houses, Cottages, and Condos
- Avalon Beach Houses
- Danube Breezes – 10% discount if you are connected with the Ashtanga Yoga Center
- Sunny Daze – Contact Michelle to receive a discount before booking.
- Sea Spray Cottages
- Outer Banks Blue
- Yin and Yang – Zen Beach Retreat
- OBX Beach Home Away From Home – Leave Kiirsten a message when you request to book, let her know you’re affiliated with the studio, and she’ll provide you with a discount.
- Gypsea’s Getaway – A Blissful Cheery Beach Home!
- Sea Oats Flat
- Food Dudes
- Outer Banks Brewing Station
- Tortugas Lie
- Blue Moon Beach Grill
- Taiko Japanese Restaurant
- Outer Beans Juice and Java
- Kill Devil Grill
- Bad Bean Baja Grill
- Mama Kwan’s Tiki Bar & Grill
- Basnight’s Lone Cedar Cafe
- Waverider’s Coffee, Deli, and Pub
- Thai Room Restaurant
- 1587 Restaurant
- Pok’s Art
- Ten O Six Beach Road Bistro
State and National Parks
- Nags Head Woods Ecological Preserve
- Jockey’s Ridge State Park
- Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge
- Wright Brother’s National Memorial
Museums & Landmarks
- Jennette’s Pier in Nags Head
- NC Aquarium Roanoke Island
- Wild Horse Adventure Tours
- Frisco Native American Museum & Natural History Center
- Elizabethan Gardens
- Bodie Island Lighthouse
- Currituck Beach Lighthouse
- Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
- Ocracroke Lighthouse
- Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse
Subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email address below.
David Garrigues Will Be Teaching in the Outer Banks This September!
David Garrigues will be teaching a Mysore Intensive in the Outer Banks September 12 - 17. ..
Weekly Beach Yoga Classes Available for the Season!
We kicked off another season of Beach Yoga! We are offering two multi-level Vinyasa Yoga..
Primary Series Six Week Course with Michelle Dorer!
Register now for my 6-Week Primary Series Course starting April 7th, from 6:30pm - 8:30pm **3 Ways..
P.O. Box 274 • Nags Head, NC 27959